School: Seagrave Village Primary School
Current role: Headteacher
Number of years you have been teaching: 18 Years
Designated specialism: SEND
Outreach support available
I am happy to support the school and develop bespoke packages to meet their needs.
Over the last 18 years I have had range of responsibilities and lead whole school initiatives:
- 2002 to 2004 – ICT Leader and Leading ICT teacher for Leicestershire
- 2004 to 2006 – ICT Leader, Healthy School coordinator, Community Link, observing governor, ITT mentor
- 2007 – Maths leader, Healthy School coordinator, observing governor, completion of NPQH, (OFSTED inspection – Good with Outstanding features), NQT and ITT mentor
- 2008 – Maths Leader, Basic Skills coordinator (ICT, Literacy and maths), Internationalism, observing governor, NQT and ITT mentor
- 2009 – SEND Coordinator, Maths Leader, AHT, Healthy Schools, Internationalism, observing governor, NQT and ITT mentor, DSL, Performance Management leader
- 2010 to 2012 Deputy Head teacher, SEND Coordinator, Healthy Schools, Internationalism, staff governor, DSL, NQT mentor, completion of SENDCo Award, Performance Management Leader (OFSTED inspection – Outstanding)
- 2012 to 2015 Deputy Head teacher, SENDCo, Healthy Schools, staff governor, STEP Specialist Leader of education, NQT mentor, Performance Management Leader, DSL, CPD, Family Learning co-ordinator.
- 2015 to 2018 – Deputy Head teacher, Senior SEND Coordinator, staff governor, STEP Specialist Leader of education, NQT mentor, SCITT Quality Assurance Tutor, Performance Management Leader, DSL, assessment, data analysis and pupil progress meetings, CPD, Pupil Premium tracking, school website compliance.
- 2017 to 2018 – As above plus Acting head teacher 2 days each week
- 2018 to present Headteacher with SEND responsibility
Relevant experience in specialism
I currently have responsibility for SEND and I have been a SENDco for over 10 years.
I have supported new to role and more experienced SENDcos through face to face meetings, email and telephone conversations.
Within my own setting I have worked with a range of pupils with different needs including medical conditions, ASD, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia, speech and language difficulties, behavioural difficulties and development delay.
I have also worked with SLT to ensure SEND policy and procedures are in place.