Privacy Notice – Your Data Matters
What information do you collect?
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
- the use of enquiry and registration forms
- when you purchase any of our services
- the provision of your details to us either online or offline
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
- Job title
- School / College name
- School / College address, phone and fax number
- Additional school contacts
- Mobile/telephone numbers
- E-mail address
- Payment information
- Information for market research
How do you use my Personal Data?
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
- providing you with a personalised service
- processing orders, registrations and enquiries
- conducting market research surveys
- providing you with information about courses we offer (providing you agree to receive such information)
If you wish to receive information about courses from Step Teaching School Alliance, please indicate your preferences using the consent boxes when providing us with your Data.
We may also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified):
- to build up marketing profiles
- to aid strategic development
- to audit usage of our services
What Are My Rights?
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to it please contact:
Step Teaching School Alliance
Wreake Valley Academy
TEL: 0116 4783426
You also have the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal data.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
- Object to your personal data being processed. Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the GDPR
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We are required to share personal data with the DfE of individuals who have completed their teacher training through STEP or have been designated SLE status. We may share your personal data with a third party running a course on the behalf of Step Teaching School Alliance other than that we will not share your data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
How Do I Contact You?
If you have a concern about the way Step Teaching School Alliance is collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with us or you can also contact the ICO or our Data Protection Officer.
Information Commissioner’s Office
They can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or our Data Protection Officer
STEP Data Protection Officer
350 Loughborough Road
TEL: 0845 519 1772