We are proud to offer an outstanding primary teacher training route in collaboration with Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT (L&L SCITT).
The Merton Primary School is our lead school for the STEP primary School Direct route. The course provides trainees with invaluable classroom experiences to equip them with the skills and knowledge to become effective and confident primary teachers.
We offer placements on a non-salaried route and all trainees on the SCITT and Schools Direct programmes benefit from expert trainers who actively engage in raising standards in schools as well as 100% employment figures.
- A clear emphasis on putting theory into practice in both the central and school based training
- Experience in teaching on block placements in three contrasting primary schools with at least one of those being in a STEP school.
- Teaching across the Early Primary (3-7yrs) or Primary( 5-11yr) age range, working with pupils from rich and diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Experiencing training and working in an outstanding special school
- Gaining an internationally recognised full PGCE qualification with Masters level credits, accredited by a UK University
- Outstanding personalised support from a close-knit group of fellow trainees and dedicated trainers, with whom you are likely to form very strong links and friendships
For more information about the STEP primary School Direct route please visit the Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT website