In order to apply for a place on one of the School Direct teacher training options all applicants must:
- Hold (or expect to gain before the start of the course), a UK recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent.
- Already hold GCSE grade C or above in English, mathematics and science gained prior to application.
- Successful Professional Skills tests in Literacy and Numeracy must be achieved before starting the course.
- Have gained at least one week’s experience in a British primary school. This experience must be gained before our full interview process is complete and must have taken place within the last three years.
- Knowledge of curriculum, awareness of current education issues and
initiatives and an understanding of school life.
- Pass health and DBS police checks and have the physical and mental fitness to teach.
All applications to Initial Teacher Training providers are managed through the UCAS Teacher Training website.
To apply for a place on one of the School Direct routes available through STEP simply search the following as your training provider on the UCAS Teacher Training website:
Primary – ‘STEP Teaching School Alliance School Direct’
For further information about the teacher training routes available through STEP please email firstname.lastname@example.org.