The STEP Teaching School Alliance was designated in May 2014 by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. Our aim is to develop a unique and diverse support network for schools across Leicester, Leicestershire and the surrounding areas. By working together and sharing schools expertise across the partnership we hope to have a positive impact on the outcomes for all children.
Our alliance works towards delivering ‘The Big Six’ key strands set out by the National College:
- School to school support – supporting whole school improvement across our alliance.
- School Direct – providing school-led initial teacher training to develop outstanding teachers for the future.
- Continuing professional development – offering a high quality and diverse CPD programme to help progress teachers and support staff.
- Specialist leaders of education (SLEs) – to designate and broker outstanding SLEs to support colleagues in other schools.
- Identify and develop leadership potential – succession planning to develop school leaders.
- Research and development – to play an active role in developing the profession through involvement in research projects working with local, national and international partners.